We’ve been flip flopping on whether we should go visit our families or stay here and have our first married Christmas together. The problem is there are so many pros and cons for both sides that we’re just stuck and I honestly don’t know how we’re going to decide!
– we get to see our families, which we will be doing less of in the years to come
– getting out of our city/apartment
– not having to cook dinner for a week! LOL
Cons of going “home”:
– it’s SO expensive, especially for only a week
– going to both our hometowns is stressful – we have to do a LOT of traveling and visiting in a short period of time and we’ll feel like we need another vacation once we get back
– not being just us; having to be “on” all the time
– being away from the cats
– not starting our own traditions
We threw around the idea of just visiting one family this year, then doing the other next year, but neither of us really like that option and we’d have no idea how to choose.
We also thought about taking a vacation somewhere tropical instead and saying “screw it!” to the whole thing! Then we realized that we’d probably get bored, and that money is better spent elsewhere.
DH is giving us until Wednesday to decide – any suggestions?