- I finished the first draft of the intro chapter! I read it last night, and I can certainly tell that I wrote the first part two months ago. That’s okay though – I have the rest of the week to edit it before I give it to my supervisor.
- The bulk content (i.e., not including title page, abstract, apendices, etc.) of my thesis is sitting at 90 pages right now. That’s short. I do plan on adding to the intro chapter, will add a few more figures to my second chapter, and I still have the conclusions/future work chapter to write. Hopefully that will add about 20 pages. Is there such a thing as a thesis that is too short?
The problem is the two papers I wrote are pretty short – there was a lot of work involved, but it kind of looks like there wasn’t based on the length. Maybe I’ll read the science chapters and see if I can add more info or images to make it more complete.
- One of the staff members in the department lost their job this week. I guess the university is really being serious about cutting a certain percentage of their budget by getting rid of people. It’s a sad thing.
- I already told you that my science abstract was accepted for a talk. Well, I also got word that my outreach abstract was also accepted for a poster (which I asked for because then it can be used at other conferences). That adds two more things I need to do before the end of July!
- Next week I start a teaching workshop. It’s only a couple afternoons a week for 2.5 weeks, so not a huge time commitment. Hopefully it won’t require too much reading or anything, otherwise I might have to drop it if it starts to interfer with my thesis progress.
- DH submitted his first real job applicaiton this week!
- Just one more week of the exercise study left! I started off working out at a mininum of 130 bpm (and thought that was hard) and now I consistantly work out at 150 bpm or more! So, my cardio has definitely imporved over the last 7 weeks!
- I miss reading my books – I still have a huge stack of them, but unfortunately I think that hobby will have to be put on hold for at least the next month.
May 9, 2009
It seems there are a lot of little things I want to write about, so point form it is!