My defense is six weeks from today. I’ve decided that I’m going to keep going in from 9-5pm, as usual, and just break up my day because there are a ton of things I need to do by the end of July:
- study for my defense
- prepare my public lecture (40-45 minutes)
- prepare my talk for conference in Rio (10-15 minutes)
- prepare a poster for conference in Rio
- potentially work on revisions of paper #2 (although we might leave this until August)
- complete capstone project for education workshop
- wrap up some loose ends with astronomy outreach program
- do a few things for my science outreach program (organize volunteer appreciation dinner; print banner; organize office; train new coordinators; write annual report; start looking for funding; get better web address)
- prepare for our trip to South America
- oh…do normal things too!
Speaking of which – for those of you who have defended your PhD – how did you study for your defense? Any thing work really well? Anything that was useless or didn’t help much?