I need a plan to get back on track in seeking out a career in education and outreach.
– heading up a steering committee for the observatory project I hope to get off the ground.
– attending weekly outreach meetings to keep myself in the loop.
– keeping in contact with a PI that might be granted funding for an outreach program (including a full-time position).
– keeping an eye out for any job postings that might be of interest.
and I can:
– volunteer for more outreach events, just to get my “fix”.
– put together some applications for funding the observatory program (this is already in the works, but I could do more).
I’ve also been looking into…perhaps…doing more schooling. By this I mean either doing a year of teacher’s college so I could teach K-12, or do a masters in education. However, the deadlines for both of these programs have passed for a September 2010 start, so I wouldn’t be able to apply for another year. Something to think about though.
Any other ideas?