Now, here’s a strange problem – I am running out of things to do! I seriously don’t know if I’ll have enough work to keep me busy until November 15th. Back in August, I listed everything I need to get done before I leave work. Here is my progress:
1. MSc paper – I passed the latest draft on to my MSc supervisor at the end of June. I have sent her a couple emails, reminding her that if the paper isn’t submitted by the time I go on maternity leave it never will be (it’s been over 5 years in the making). I haven’t heard a thing.
2. Post-doc project – this is basically on hold until I get some vital information from our collaborators. I have been asking for it for weeks now, and nothing has come of it.
3. Outreach how-to packages – these have been written up and sent to the appropriate people. The equipment has also been transferred to someone else.
4. Post-doc lit search – this still has to be finished, but is a small project.
5. Education conference – the lit search has been done. Other people have signed up to take over my organizational role.
6. Astronomy outreach – all events are done. I may or may not meet with the department head about the observatory project again before I leave.
7. Post-doc association stuff – the only things I have left to do is attend one more meeting and a post-doc get together (both next week).
So, as you can see, I have very little to work on right now. The days are starting to drag by because I’m getting pretty bored, and it seems it will get worse as I check off more and more things off my to-do list. I guess I shouldn’t complain. I mean, how often do we get to say we don’t have enough to do?
What I’m guessing will happen is I’ll get what I need for #1 and #2 too late and all of a sudden be freaking out that I won’t have enough time to get it all done!