Carter is 3 months old! When he was born, it was still warm and sunny, and now we’re having the coldest temperatures I can remember. Yuck. Good things we have things to celebrate around here, because this weather is depressing!
– This kid loves to smile! And it’s so cute with his big chubby cheeks! He’s not laughing/giggling yet, but I think it’ll be soon because he’s making noises when he smiles – and how awesome will that be?
– He can give an awfully cute pouty face! I wish I had a photo – it breaks our hearts, but it’s so cute it makes us laugh.
– He loves to snuggle with DH in the evenings, and especially likes it when DH sings “then ants go marching”. That relaxes him 98% of the time!
– He’s a talker! In fact, he was born a talker – he talked for a good 45 minutes as soon as he was born. Now he coo’s all the time and loves having conversations with anybody, especially grandma and grandpa.
– He adores his big brother! He’ll just lie there and watch Evan do whatever he’s doing. It’s adorable! It’s cool to already see that relationship developing.
– He’s a big fan of his swing, and being walked around. Movement always seems to calm him down.
– He outgrew his bassinet and is now in his crib.
– At night he goes to sleep between 10-11pm and sleeps until 8:30am. Yes, we know we’re very lucky in the sleep department! Yay for us! He also tends to have 1-2 longish naps during the day, and otherwise has shorter naps in between feeds.
– He is very alert and interactive when he’s awake. He loves to look at toys and books, and has found the TV.
– He loves to exercise on the floor, but hates tummy time (just like his brother) – though, to be honest, we’re not very diligent about that 😉 Actually, as of today, he’s doing pretty well with it!
– He rolled over (tummy to back) for the first time today!
Head circumference: 42.25cm (74%)
Length: 64cm (85%)
Weight: 14lbs 14.5oz (79%)