I’m done teaching my university and college course, so I’m heading into the post-secondary summer (yay for 4 months!).
E will stop attending before/after school program starting tomorrow, and I’ll be walking him to and from school every day. I’m excited about it because a) it’ll force me to move and b) I get to spend some good 1-on-1 time with him.
C will be going back to part-time at the daycare and will be home with me on Tuesday/Thursday each week. This will allow me to have some nice 1-on-1 time with him as well.
I’m a bit nervous, because the summer last year was very hard for me because it was just TOO MUCH kid time after a very stressful and busy academic year. But, I’ve put some things into place that will hopefully make this summer more enjoyable:
- I’m taking a couple additional qualification courses for teaching (special education and getting my physics teachable). This will help me make strides toward my goal of getting into a public school board, but shouldn’t be too stressful (I hope!)
- I’ve registered E in 3 summer camps, so that’s 3 weeks with him out of the house and being around kids his age
- Both sets of grandparents will be visiting
- We have booked a cottage for a week
- I have joined a women’s soccer team in the hopes it will motivate me to move more AND I get automatic social time every week
At the end of summer last year I was more frazzled than at the beginning and ended up taking a not-so-great job just so I could BE AWAY. So, here’s hoping this year will be better (and hopefully with some kind of decent employment in September.