I don’t know if it just comes with age, but I feel that I grown many ways in the past couple of years and have come to understand things like I never have before.
- There will always be people doing things better than you, or doing what you want to do, and being jealous is just a waste of time and energy
- I’m the most at peace with my body than I’ve ever been. I don’t focus nearly as much on what I look like, but on how I feel.
- There is always room for improvement and learning
- I need to fiercely protect my down/alone time in order to keep my anxiety and fatigue at bay
- Everything is a phase; it will change for better or worse
- Being outdoors brings happiness and peace
- Finding time to do the thing you enjoy is hugely important; drop other things if you can
- Never read the comments
- Surround yourself with people who build you up, who you can laugh with, and who you can be real with
- Spending time together is more important than stuff
I’m in the tail-end of my 30s, and I feel myself becoming more confident, comfortable in my own skin, and caring less about stuff that doesn’t matter. 40 doesn’t bother me at all – I’m looking forward to what’s ahead, especially this is any indication:
What have you learned as you’ve gotten older?