Each year I make a list of goals that range from relatively straight-forward to “dream-on” achievability level. Here is my list for 2017. It’s longer than in years past, but I’ve tried to make my goals more specific this time around.
- Continue to learn and practice mindfulness, including
- daily meditation
- yoga 1-3 times per week, and
- regular self-reflection, at least once per week
- Continue to minimize clutter in our home
- Choosing happiness
- Read at least 1 chapter of a book a day
- Complete at least 3 knitting projects
- Begin participating regularly in at least 1 additional physical activity
- Have a date with DH once a month
- Write a minimum of 1 blog post per week (here or on my education blog)
- Spend more time in nature
- More direct interaction with real people
- Get more involved with local community
- Learn how to deal with difficult people
- Give less fucks [mostly about my (perceived view of?) what others think about me]
- Get in the local school board (3rd time’s a charm?)
I won’t be taking an “all or nothing” approach when assessing my success. These are all things I want to incorporate into my life, and if it takes many years, that’s okay.
Any tips, suggestions, resources or starting points are welcomed! What are your goals for the upcoming months?