Though I’ve been knitting for 10 years now, I’ve gotten seriously obsessed with it these past few months. It’s what I love to do with my spare time. And not just the act of knitting, but looking at yarn, researching patterns, watching knitting podcasts, planning gifts, and thinking about how I can take my hobby to another level.
Besides simple hats for the kids and scarf for DH, I don’t really give away hand-made knits as gifts because I never thought I was good enough. But that’s changed this year. I plan on making something for my mother-in-law, a much nicer scarf for DH, and socks for the boys.
Some other things on my knitting bucket list are:
- Learning new techniques like
- Cables (I’ve heard these aren’t so hard, but I still haven’t done them)
- Fair Isle colour-work
- Knitting styles (continental, flicking, etc)
- Adult sweater
- fingered/less gloves/mittens
- Dying yarn
- Spinning yarn
- Creating a pattern
- Sewing project bags (not knitting, but FOR knitting)
- Attending a knitting retreat
I’m sure this list will grow the more I learn about knitting!
What are you obsessed with lately? What do you spend your free-time doing?