Hi everyone! Hope your holidays were (or still are) awesome! It’s been our first Christmas season with just the 4 of us, and it’s been lovely. Lots of movie-watching, board-game playing, and relaxing in general. Ahhh!
This is the time of year where I like to reflect on the goals I set back in January, see what I accomplished, and set new goals for the upcoming year. So, let’s jump right in:
- Continue to learn and practice mindfulness, including
- daily meditation (I’ve been doing this most days!)
- yoga 1-3 times per week (yes! I’ve been doing this!), and
- regular self-reflection, at least once per week (I dropped the ball on this. I need to be more specific).
- Continue to minimize clutter in our home (yes – we’ve gotten rid of a lot of stuff, downsized some furniture, and created better organization. Always a work in progress, but much better than before.).
- Choosing happiness
- Read at least 1 chapter of a book a day (I did well on this until about October. I need to read more).
- Complete at least 3 knitting projects (YES! Knitting has been my saviour again this year and I’ve completed 10 projects. My most recent is seen below. Now I’ve added cross-stitching too).
- Begin participating regularly in at least 1 additional physical activity (guys, I suck at this! It definitely goes in waves, but yoga has been a constant this year).
- Have a date with DH once a month (we did better at the beginning of the year. Need to keep doing this!)
- Write a minimum of 1 blog post per week (here or on my education blog) (Sigh..not so much. Again, it goes in waves, but mostly on my education blog).
- Spend more time in nature (This probably wasn’t specific enough. I probably spent more time outside in the spring/summer, but not so much recently).
- More direct interaction with real people (Yes! Teaching helps but I’ve also become more social and go out more with friends! It’s been a good year for that!).
- Get more involved with local community (hmmm…not really).
- Learn how to deal with difficult people (I think I’m getting better at not letting thing bother me as much, which is probably the hardest part of this!)
- Give less fucks [mostly about my (perceived view of?) what others think about me] (See above…I don’t know what happened, but I’m giving less and less F&CKS to things that don’t matter).
- Get in the local school board (3rd time’s a charm?) (YESSS!!!!!!!!)
It has been a really great year, actually! Nothing too horrible happened, and I feel I really made progress in a lot of aspects of my life! I think the biggest two things that have helped are getting into the local school board (less driving, where I want to teach, etc.) and having a more rounded social life. I have the awesome local knitting community to thank for the latter, especially after I started my podcast. I feel like I’ve found my tribe 😀
Stay tuned for my 2018 goals!