Here were my goals for 2018, and how I did:
- Practice patience more with children and DH *practice is the key word here. It’s gett harder as the kids (or I?) get older.
- Get back to regular date nights with DH *we’ve done a few
- I have chosen 9 patterns for the #2018makenine goal meme I have seen on Instagram: *how I did with this and my new make9 for 2019
- I want to learn: *I learned all of these!
- the Magic Loop technique
- how to to cables
- how to do colourwork
- Cross stitch: I’d like to finish my Nutcracker cross stitch (below) and find another to start (perhaps something like this or this). *yup on both accounts!
- Reading: I haven’t been doing this as much since I started watching knitting/cross-stitch podcasts. I want to start doing it more again this year! *on and off, and I’ve downloaded some audiobooks
Body & Mind:
- I’ve registered in an adult jazz/ballet class! *the class was cancelled
- I want to continue doing yoga and meditation regularly *still doing this!
- Continue to find activities I enjoy and do them regularly *I started kayaking! Would like to get a new bike in 2019
- I’d like to get back into doing longer-term assignments, rather than doing daily supply teaching. *did it!
- I want to start implementing some of the strategies I’ve been learning about lately once I get my own classes (limiting homework, going gradeless, etc.) *doing it, and am always finding new things to try!
- I want to continue to view certain personal characteristics (empathy, making connections with students) as my greatest strengths in the classroom. *yup! Though, I’m also finding my directness is paying off in a professional setting finally! Students respond positively to it!
Stay tuned for my 2019 goals!