Well, it’s the Monday of Labour Day weekend – what I always consider the last weekend of summer. So, looking back at our summer bucket list, how did we do?
– Plant a garden – Yup! Though not many things grew very well. A green-thumb, I am not. But, we’ll try again next year.
– Get deck built – Yes! This was done in May, and we’re very happy with it.
– Furniture, planters, and flowers for deck – Partial check. We got a patio set, but are waiting until next year to do planter and such.
– Paint and decorate Jelly Bean’s room – check!
– Thomas the Train event – nope. Decided it was too expensive.
– Vacation at a lake with the ILs – yup.
– Swimming at the local pool – yes! We went to the public pool once, and got invited to friend’s homes with pools a couple times. He really enjoyed it, and I wish we could do this more often.
– Pick strawberries – yes, and blueberries too!
– Chalk-board wall in kitchen – no, but it’s on our to-do list.
– Garage sale – yes! We did okay, and we ended up selling more online afterward.
– Beach visits – yes! We went to the beach twice this summer, and Evan loved it!
– Visit 5 new playgrounds – yes!
– Farmer’s market – not specifically, but we did buy produce from local fruit/veggie stands, so I’ll say yes.
– Local festivals – Yup! We hit up a few of them, and will do another today.
– Fly a kite – didn’t do this. Maybe in the fall!
– Go for bike rides – we tried a couple times, but Evan is still a bit young for this.
– Finish knitting Jelly Bean’s blanket- not yet. I’m about 60% done. It might end up becoming a Christmas present at this rate :S
What were the highlights of your summer?