Let’s start the week off on a positive note!
1. Even though I was on the verge of walking away from my PhD last Monday, I made some good progress with my research and am getting my motivation back. I even read two papers over the weekend!
2. I saw “He’s Just Not That Into You” on Saturday night – not the best movie ever, but definitely entertaining!
3. I started knitting this weekend! I now know the knit and purl stitches!
4. The weather has been absolutely fabulous! It’s been warmer and the sun has even come out! It’s amazing what a little good weather does for the soul.
5. I had a massage on Saturday 🙂
6. I went to the gym twice this weekend!
7. DH and I had a good weekend together – one of those where you feel so much closer.
8. We hung our new painting, which is this one by Harrison Ellenshaw:
9. Coming up is a long weekend – then Reading Break! Yay for no undergrads!!
Last week was absolutely incredible!
1. At the conference I went to on the weekend I met a great lady – she has IBS, like me, and told me about this medication she was on for it and how it has changed her life. I went to the Dr. and he said I could definitely try it out (it’s very mild) and I’ve been feeling better!
2. DH and I have been talking more and we will probably move earlier than expected – more like the Fall instead of next January/February.
3. This means “trying” earlier 😀
4. I’ve been doing more research about a conference in Rio in August, and my supervisor is keen on me going. The plan is that DH will come with me and afterward we’re going to do a two week tour in Peru!!
5. There was a freakin’ amazing sale at a local optical store, and I ordered 2 new pairs of glasses. I’m so excited to get them 😀
6. Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl! WOHOO!
7. I finished yet another book and am on to my 4th one of the year!!